mercoledì 29 agosto 2012

BOOK REVIEW: The Zombie Always Knocks Twice

Title: The Zombie Always Knocks Twice
Author: E. Van Lowe
Series: Hollyweird (Book One)


Description: 

 Hollywood, California, is known for swimming pools,
movie stars…and now the risen dead.

Hollywood can be a difficult place to grow up, especially if you’re Kristine Golden, a fifteen-year-old necromancer with a sworn duty to lay the risen dead back to rest and no desire to be in the movie business.

When handsome deadie Alex Romero swaggers into her life, Kris must keep her promise, despite her growing feelings for him. If that’s not enough to give a girl a headache, a murderous zombie comes knocking at Kris’s door, rocking her world and threatening her family.

Can Kris solve the mystery of the rampaging zombie before someone else winds up dead? Or will the walking dead take over Hollywood and turn it into…Hollyweird?


Review:

 Very nice book! It took me some pages to get me hooked, but when I did I couldn't put the book down. I kept reading even while dining.
I liked Kris, probably because she's a little like me (minus the necromancy thing!).
And at some point I got to like Alex too. Wait... Did I say "like"? Scratch that. I got to love him.
Can't say the same about Talia, though. I don't see how Kris and Talia could ever be best friends when they're so different. And Talia is also a great piece of work, if I may add. What with the drinking, venting on people, acts of revenge etc.. She's gotta drive Kris crazy one of these days.
I hope I will get to know Randy better in the next book. I'd like to see more of his friendship with Kris.
Hated to the bones Anne Marie. She's every sister's worst nightmare.
Good thing my older sister isn't like her. I would have planned murder ages ago.
Willie is still a mystery. I can't say I like him. And I can't say I don't. I just don't know what to think of him. He's done some arguable things and I was surprised Kris let him get aways with his excuses so easily. But still... we have Alex thanks to him, right? So, why complain?
Cordelia.... well, let's just say I wanted to beat the hell out of her and see that stupid smile erased from her face.
Kris's father... he disappointed me once or twice on his attitude toward Kris's powers... He didn't seem to me the type of man with the so called balls. But then, we'll see more of him in the next book, I guess.
Speaking of which, I can't wait to read it! Yeah, I know, I have to wait long before that time comes. But still, a girl can always dream, right? 

***4 stars***

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento