mercoledì 3 ottobre 2012

BOOK REVIEW: Forbidden

Title: Forbidden
Author: Evangeline Anderson



Description:

Micah and Ariel are angels and soul mates created to guard the throne room of the Almighty in Heaven. They are incomplete without each other and cannot bear to be apart. But Heaven is under attack and the forces of Hell have a plan to separate them -- by putting them together.

Using an infernal sword called the Reever, Lucifer, Prince of Demons, strips the souls of the doomed angels and sends them down to Earth to live as humans. But the moment they come together again in love and passion, they will be free of their Earthly forms and regain their celestial bodies. Knowing this, Lucifer plots to have them sent into the bodies of siblings -- Owen and Leah DeMarko.

Growing up with no knowledge of their origins, Owen and Leah are close until Leah suddenly blossoms into womanhood. Then, fearing his unnatural attraction to her, Owen cuts his beloved little sister abruptly out of his life.

So begins an epic struggle between right and wrong, desire and illicit love. For Owen and Leah know nothing of their former lives as angels or the war that rages between Heaven and Hell. They only know they must not give in to what they feel for each other for their love is forever...Forbidden.
Publisher's Note: Although Owen and Leah are not related by blood, because of the perceived illicitness of their desire for each other, some readers, particularly those with a history of sexual abuse or incest, may find this story disturbing.


Review:

 Finished reading this book a few hours ago and I'm now going to review it.
I've read some negative reviews about this book and I seriously can't see the reason of those. I loved it. I think it's one of the few books that could touch my heart and soul so deeply. I spent all the time reading the book with a lump in my throat. On the verge of tears. It broke my heart. I could feel Leah and Owen's pain - and their love - deep in my soul.
I'm not so satisfied of how it ended, but it wasn't so bad either. And it was unexpected, so a positive note. And another positive note is that it was hot. Leah and Owen's love was pure, overwhelming. But the passion between them also could not be underestimated. It was there, alright! And some scenes were oh so hot! Like, very hot!
This is my second book by Evangeline Anderson and up til now I can say I loved both. Though Picture Perfect was .... well, perfect. In fact I gave it 5 stars.
Too bad I will rate Forbidden only 4.25 stars. 

***4.25 stars*** 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento