venerdì 19 ottobre 2012

BOOK REVIEW: He's With Me

Title: He's With Me
Author: Tamara Summers




Description:

Just in time for summer comes the perfect beach read! Humor and romance abound in this fresh, fun take on summer love.

Lexie has always had a crush on Jake, her brother Colin's best friend. But she knows Jake thinks of her like a sister, and has never made a move. But when beautiful alpha girl Bree McKennis sets her sights on Jake, he has to come up with a plan to turn her down...without incurring the wrath of the most popular girl in school. That's when Colin comes up with the plan: Lexie can pretend to be Jake's girlfriend. But Lexie has never had a real boyfriend, let alone a pretend one! Can she manage to convince Jake that they're meant to be...and avoid getting killed by Bree McKennis?


Review:

Wow... this was one of the most beautiful and sweet books ever read! I loved it! Even though, I admit, the beginning didn't sound very promising. But after a little while it started to grow on me. And I ended up loving every moment. Lexie and Jake were just so cute together! I loved the way he treated her, like a Princess! So caring, always one her side, trusting her, defending her, admitting before others that he found her the most beautiful girl. Always praising her for anything she did, even though she wasn't very good at it. And I liked that he was jealous and didn't mind showing it. Showing anyone that Lexie was his.
Super sweet!
I hated Riley, he gave me the creeps! And Bree was so hateful and mean! What a witch!
Sally was okay. Very sweet and nice. Couldn't understand how she could have been friends with Bree in the first place.
Colin was okay too. Although, being Lexie's twin, I would have expected more sympathy toward her, when she needed him. But in the end he also kind of helped her in his own way. That was sweet what he did and showed her.
I wonder if there willl ever be another book featuring Colin and... maybe Sally? Hmmm....

Anyway... This book was totally gorgeous! I couldn't put it down! Couldn't stop reading! Even though my eyelids threatened to shut down for tiredness, I still felt electrified inside. And too curious to see what would happen next.
I'm giving it 4 stars because of the slow start, but surely it could have deserved a higher rate!
And it sure goes straight to my "Favorites" shelf!


***4 - 4.5 stars***

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento