martedì 16 ottobre 2012

BOOK REVIEW: A Job From Hell

Title: A Job From Hell
Author: Jayde Scott
Series: Ancient Legends (Book One)



Description:

In a world of love bonds, rituals, dark magic, ancient enemies and immortals, nothing is as it seems and no one can be trusted.

Seventeen-year-old Amber enters the paranormal world by chance when her brother, Dallas, sets her up with a summer job in Scotland. Dallas has spied something in the woods he thinks could make them rich beyond their wildest dreams. But instead of finding riches, Amber unknowingly enters a paranormal race—and promptly wins the first prize—a prize for which many would kill. Soon, she discovers her new boss, Aidan, didn’t employ her for her astounding housekeeping skills and he isn't who he claims to be either.

As the dark forces slowly conspire against Amber, her naivety and love for Aidan catapults her into a calamitous series of otherworldly events. With every immortal creature hunting for her, whom can she trust with her life?

  
Review:

I wish I could give it a higher rate, but half of book got me slightly bored. And it wasn't what I expected. Or maybe it was. I wasn't sure about reading this book from the start. Hence my keeping it on my to-read shelf for about a year before getting in the mood to read it. I'm not saying it was really bad. It was a nice book. Just not one of the best. Amber was annoying as hell and so naive and stupid I just wanted to punch the hell out of her for most of the time. Aidan was hot, sweet, caring, very lovely and sexy but something lacked in him and I couldn't get myself to feel like swooning like I usually do over my favorite book boyfriends. On the other hand, Kieran pushed the right buttons on me. Hot, sexy, funny, dangerous, with a sense of humour and just flirty enough that I would have fallen for him no matter what. I also got to like Cass toward the last half of the book. And I'm curious to read book 2, knowing it's about her and Dallas. Claire was just kind of lame a character. Blake was kind of hateful. Same for Devon. Deidre was dreadful. And Layla was twice as dreadful and meanie.
I didn't quite like the ending. I expected something more.... well, more.
All in all, it was a nice reading.  


***3 stars***

2 commenti:

  1. Vampires should not be swooned over ... they should be feared. LOL Hey girl, just wanted to say hello. I check in every now and then with you.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Hey, hello to you, Sugar! :) Thanks for visiting my crazy haven :D You're welcome to check on here whenever you want! ;)

    RispondiElimina