giovedì 18 ottobre 2012

BOOK REVIEW: Soul Seducer

Title: Soul Seducer
Autor: Alicia Dean




Description:

She spent her entire life fighting death. Now she’s falling in love with him. . . .

Audra Grayson became a nurse in order to help save lives. But one night after a brutal beating, she almost loses her own. The near-death experience opens a door between the world of the living and the world beyond. Two Grim Reapers invade her life. One is charming, with the angelic blonde looks of a saint and the black soul of a psychopath. The other is dark, dangerously attractive and, in spite of her distaste for his reaper duties, she finds herself inexplicably drawn to him.

When Audra's patients begin to die unexpectedly and her loved ones are threatened, she will risk her life—even her soul—to save them. But can she risk her heart to an inhuman being whose very purpose is to take those she is trying to save?


Review:

I received this book from the author in exchange of a honest review. And here I am, only a few minutes after I finished the book, ready to relay my opinion.

I admit there were some parts of the book I couldn't get myself to concentrate on. And some parts, especially where Audra was involved, that annoyed the hell out of me. God, that woman is a pain in the butt! Always complaining and blaming others for her own choices! Couldn't stand her for most of the time.
That's about all the things I didn't like.
Let's get to the positive ones.
First of all, Dimitri. Sexy as hell (no pun intended!) and very sweet and protective and caring. How not to love him?
Second, the steamy scenes with Audra and Dimitri. That was VERY hot! Dammit, I almost melted in my own pants!
I also liked Cassie a lot. Awesome girl!
Sadie too is a cute little girl. Lovely!
Gaylen was.... well.. THE Bad Guy. One of the worst. Followed by Veronica and Scott.
Wilton... he was so creepy, I had multiple shudders at one point in the book. I think I rarely ever had that reaction when reading a book. That character gave me the creeps just thinking of what he'd done. Even now.
At least, in the end, justice was done.
And about the ending... that was WOW!!!

To sum it up, a very nice book! Maybe not 4 full stars, but 3.75 for sure.
Recommended if you like suspence, action, Reapers, romance, some sexy steam and sweat on your skin, and some mystery (not too tangled though). 


***3.75 stars***


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento