venerdì 16 novembre 2012

BOOK REVIEW: Epic Fail

Title: Epic Fail
Author: Claire LaZebnik




Description:

At Coral Tree Prep in Los Angeles, who your parents are can make or break you. Cast in point:

- As the son of Hollywood royalty, Derek Edwards is pretty much prince of the school--not that he deigns to acknowledge many of his loyal subjects.
- As the daughter of the new principal, Elise Benton isn't exactly on everyone's must-sit-next-to-at-lunch list.

When Elise's beautiful sister catches the eye of the prince's best friend, Elise gets to spend a lot of time with Derek, making her the envy of every girl on campus. Except she refuses to fall for any of his rare smiles and instead warms up to his enemy, the surprisingly charming social outcast Webster Grant. But in this hilarious tale of fitting in and flirting, not all snubs are undeserved, not all celebrity brats are bratty, and pride and prejudice can get in the way of true love for only so long.


Review:

Mmm... how could I start reviewing this book?
Okay, I kind of liked this book, but not really much.
The beginning was promising, the story was good and it made me curious. But the problem here is, I didn't really like the characters. Juliana was lame, Chase was okay and nice but nothing special, Elise got on my nerves most times and i couldn't get myself to like her much. She wanted at all costs to be different from the other girls, didn't want to like someone just for their appearances or money or fame, but ended up disliking that someone right because of that - because he was rich, famous and hot. That someone is Derek. Who didn't strike me much as an incredible guy at first, aside being hot and hating people fawning over him because of his status. But I started to like him after that first party where Derek and Elise played ping pong. And got to really, really like him since the school trip at the beach. And much much more on the night of the Premiere. He was just so sweet and hot!
Webster seemed a nice guy at first but revealed to be a creep and stupid jerk. And I mean CREEP, all capital letters.
Not much to say about Chelsea. She was just stupid, annoyng, sticky, brainless, spoiled to death and very very mean.
Layla got on my nerves ALL the time. Seriously, couldn't she be more spoiled and naive and stupid? Get a grip, girl! You're only 14 and think you're all grown up and know everything. You'll be disappointed, I assure you.
Diana striked me as a bit of a superficial girl.
Elise's parents were just so stupid and unreal, they got me annoyed all the time they were around. And, seriously? Her mom was just as superficial and idiotic as a brainless woman can be. And saying she's embarrassing doesn't even start to cover it. Her father thought he knew her daughter so well, and he was so wrong! And it annoyed me so much that he assumed Elise liked Derek only because of his status. Parents some times delude themselves believing they know their children so well, when they don't actually know anything. There's only so much that a parent could know about a daughter or son. It's not like we tell them everything that's bugging us or that's hurting us, or that's making us feel in heaven. Especially with parents like Elise's.
And last, the ending. Not much to say, since I didn't see one. I was there, reading the book, then turn the page and.... nothing. I was like "WTF!?!? What the hell just happened?! Where's the rest of the story? Are you freaking kidding me?" I was really disappointed. I was going to give it a good high rate. But when I got to the end and saw there wasn't really an end... well, I'm going to give it a lower rate now. 


***3 stars*** 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento